Expanding your knowledge, understanding and awareness of weight loss.
INTRO NOTE: In case, you are reading this blog and you did not read the last one, we would encourage you to look back and do so. Otherwise, the “IGNORANCE” might agitate or offend you. But, in the last blog, we shared the TRUE definition of ignorance straight from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
- A lack of knowledge, understanding or education.
- Synonyms for this word are incomprehension of, unawareness of, unconsciousness of, unfamiliarity with, inexperience with, lack of knowledge about, lack of information about.
We went on to explain that this is exactly the situation for so many Americans struggling with overweight and obesity issues – and with losing unwanted pounds. So, let’s expand your knowledge, understanding and awareness of weight loss.
You Must Understand Your Body’s Composition.
People struggling to achieve or maintain a healthy or desired have got to end the frustration of stepping on a typical, old school scale and not REALLY knowing what’s going on with your body, your weight and your efforts to lose FAT pounds. That one simple number on a scale often causes confusion, agitation and other emotional responses. Maybe you have been there, done that? There is likely more you need to know!
Think about it … when you are doing ANY procedure relating to YOUR body, it’s a wise idea to NOT guess about it. A dentist takes X-rays before they start drilling on your teeth. Lab work can tell you about blood levels of things like cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose and other important factors. Heart monitors and other machines track things closely as a person goes through a surgery.
When it comes to your weight, the same holds true! We need some base line information. And, we should be measuring, monitoring or tracking some important numbers along the way in order to lose weight effectively and safely!
- Most people struggling with their weight really need to gain a deeper and more thorough understanding of things like:
- What actually makes up that weight of yours?
- How much FAT do you really have?
- How much MUSCLE do you have? (Side note: sometimes genetics alone results in this being more of your weight than you may think … thus making it more difficult for you to reach an “ideal weight” listed on those old school height-weight charts!)
- How much WATER weight do you have?
- What does your Visceral Fat Rating look like? (That’s internal fat that we have wrote about before. Look it up if you’re not sure what it is … because it’s important!)
- How much weight CAN or should you lose?
- What ARE you losing if/when you do lose weight? Is it truly FAT weight you’re shedding?
- And much more!
SCIENCE has developed testing (which we use) that in a matter of seconds can produce all of this information utilizing state-of-the-art technology. It’s called Computerized Body Composition Analysis or “BCA”. The units used by doctors (be it MD’s, Chiropractors, etc.) are FDA approved and provide them insight and understanding of where significant problems exist and all the items listed above. The report they get from a BCA typically looks something like this:
This type of report allows our weight loss team to:
- Determine realistic and healthy weight loss goals. Important point: more and more loss is NOT always the goal!
- Consider how they can best coach and assist you to reach your individual weight goals.
- Track and assure you are definitely losing FAT pounds – not just water weight and certainly not muscle weight!
- Periodically re-do the BCA to assess what happens when you make lifestyle changes (i.e. start a fitness program) and assure you keep that unwanted weight off.
This is game-changing technology! Don’t you think it could shed some light on your weight loss challenges?
We do! We have used it in case after case to successfully help people (just like you) understand and achieve their goal! We invite YOU to consider using this Science-Based Secret by calling us and requesting an initial consultation which will include your BCA!